Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default I need to get tthe sum of cells with certain colors in a range.

I need to get tthe sum of cells with certain colors in a range.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sum or count coloured cells
If it is manually coloured, see
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

if it is conditionally formatted, see
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFConditions.html
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"chuckc" wrote in message
I need to get tthe sum of cells with certain colors in a range.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bernard,
i think the xldynamic site has be hacked. both sites you posted take me to
this site.
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/
i check my library and all xldynamic entries take me to the above site. all
other sites in my library(or at least those tested) take me to the correct
and expected site.

so i am posting chip persons equivilant just in case the OP has problems too.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/colors.aspx

and please, someone else test the xldynamic site to make sure that i haven't
been hacked.

Regards
FSt1

"chuckc" wrote in message
I need to get tthe sum of cells with certain colors in a range.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have extensive documentation and code examples for working with
colors, including summing by color(s) at
http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/colors.aspx

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:37:17 -0700, chuckc
wrote:

I need to get tthe sum of cells with certain colors in a range.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob's been having problems for a while.

Last I heard he was trying to change to another host.

Looks like not successful yet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:55:01 -0700, FSt1
wrote:

thank you. it's not just me.

"chuckc" wrote in message
I need to get tthe sum of cells with certain colors in a range.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks for that info. I'll keep tabs on the site. good site. shame to see it
out of action.

Regards
FSt1

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Bob's been having problems for a while.

Last I heard he was trying to change to another host.

Looks like not successful yet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:55:01 -0700, FSt1
wrote:

thank you. it's not just me.