Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MikeR-Oz

Default Labelling bar graph-the bars in X-axis not via tthe legend

I have a simple bar graph with the Y- axis measuring vertically in units and
the X-axis a series of bars that show month 2004 then same month 2005
repeated from november to july. The legend places the months/ year with a
colour code BUT I want to have the actual bar displaying the 2004 November ,
then next bar 2005 November and so forth through 2004/ 2005 July. At this
stage there is no actual labelling of each bar except for a legend of colours
and the Month/year detail.

Any help please.
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JR

Right click on one of the bars and go to "Format Data Series", then go to
"Data Labels" and click "Show Label". Then right click on one of the labels
and select "Format Data Labels". This should give you what you are looking
for.

"MikeR-Oz" wrote:

I have a simple bar graph with the Y- axis measuring vertically in units and
the X-axis a series of bars that show month 2004 then same month 2005
repeated from november to july. The legend places the months/ year with a
colour code BUT I want to have the actual bar displaying the 2004 November ,
then next bar 2005 November and so forth through 2004/ 2005 July. At this
stage there is no actual labelling of each bar except for a legend of colours
and the Month/year detail.

Any help please.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
MikeR-Oz

JR, This is not what I require or at least if I followed your advise
correctly at least. I have a column graph with monthly data for 3 stores. so
each store for say November is displyed as a column next to the other stores
column etc -each column is in a different colour reflecting the different
store and the colour legend is to the left of the graph showing the name of
the store. What I would like is to get rid of the legend and have the name of
the store in the coloured specific store column or at least under it. Tis wat
instead of looking across to the legend to remeber what colour is what store
you have the name at the column. Does this make sense?

Mike