Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA MsgBox close button has changed...

I have been building custom forms and using regular MsgBoxes and
VBYesNo styles.

However, after testing some of the modal properties, etc., all of a
sudden my close buttons' color has changed. The close buttons for
regularly created forms and MsgBoxes look fine, but the MsgBoxes using
VBYesNo look as follows: http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madf...loseButton.jpg

Please advise.

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
the close button may be disabled so that you can only select vbyes or vbno.

wild guess here.

regards
FSt1

" wrote:

I have been building custom forms and using regular MsgBoxes and
VBYesNo styles.

However, after testing some of the modal properties, etc., all of a
sudden my close buttons' color has changed. The close buttons for
regularly created forms and MsgBoxes look fine, but the MsgBoxes using
VBYesNo look as follows: http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madf...loseButton.jpg

Please advise.

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply.

I wondered that at first, but the button closes as expected.

I think I messed with a MsgBox object/property and would love to
return it to the normal red X button.

Paul

" wrote:
I have been building custom forms and using regular MsgBoxes and
VBYesNo styles.

However, after testing some of the modal properties, etc., all of a
sudden my close buttons' color has changed. *The close buttons for
regularly created forms and MsgBoxes look fine, but the MsgBoxes using
VBYesNo look as follows: *http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madf...loseButton.jpg

Please advise.

Paul- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is completely normal behaviour of the messagebox.

Sub test()

MsgBox "just testing", vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "vbYesNo + vbQuestion"

MsgBox "just testing", vbYesNoCancel + vbQuestion, "vbYesNoCancel +
vbQuestion"

End Sub

RBS

wrote in message
I have been building custom forms and using regular MsgBoxes and
VBYesNo styles.

However, after testing some of the modal properties, etc., all of a
sudden my close buttons' color has changed. The close buttons for
regularly created forms and MsgBoxes look fine, but the MsgBoxes using
VBYesNo look as follows:
http://www.dslextreme.com/users/madf...loseButton.jpg

Please advise.

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

RBS,

Yes, I stand corrected; I checked on another system, and it behaves as
you've eluded.

I'm glad that I didn't corrupt things.

Thanks much,

Paul