Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Close msgbox ?

Is it possible to close a msgbox that contains no buttons ?
e.g.
msg = "Please wait ..."
style = vbInformation
title = "something ... :)"
msgbox(msg, style, title)
..
..
.. 'some code

than I need to close the msgbox automatically

I know that another way is to insert a UserForm and show it and hide.

--

icq 25372592

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Buddy Lee wrote:
Is it possible to close a msgbox that contains no buttons ?
e.g.
msg = "Please wait ..."
style = vbInformation
title = "something ... :)"
msgbox(msg, style, title)
.
.
. 'some code

than I need to close the msgbox automatically

I know that another way is to insert a UserForm and show it and hide.

--

icq 25372592

Hi, can't help you with the no button thing, but the code below will
automatically
close the msgbox after 3 seconds... hope this helps

ste

Sub closemsgbox()
With CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
.Popup "This message will be displayed for 3 seconds" _
, 3, "Self Closing MsgBox", 64
End With

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thx