-   -   Close msgbox ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/346240-close-msgbox.html)

Buddy Lee

Close msgbox ?

Is it possible to close a msgbox that contains no buttons ?
e.g.
msg = "Please wait ..."
style = vbInformation
title = "something ... :)"
msgbox(msg, style, title)
..
..
.. 'some code

than I need to close the msgbox automatically

I know that another way is to insert a UserForm and show it and hide.

--

icq 25372592

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Close msgbox ?

It is not possible to have a MsgBox without buttons. Even a style of
vbInformation gives an OK button.

--

HTH

RP

"Buddy Lee" wrote in message
Is it possible to close a msgbox that contains no buttons ?
e.g.
msg = "Please wait ..."
style = vbInformation
title = "something ... :)"
msgbox(msg, style, title)
.
.
. 'some code

than I need to close the msgbox automatically

I know that another way is to insert a UserForm and show it and hide.

--

icq 25372592

ste mac

Close msgbox ?

Buddy Lee wrote:
Is it possible to close a msgbox that contains no buttons ?
e.g.
msg = "Please wait ..."
style = vbInformation
title = "something ... :)"
msgbox(msg, style, title)
.
.
. 'some code

than I need to close the msgbox automatically

I know that another way is to insert a UserForm and show it and hide.

--

icq 25372592

Hi, can't help you with the no button thing, but the code below will
automatically
close the msgbox after 3 seconds... hope this helps

ste

Sub closemsgbox()
With CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
.Popup "This message will be displayed for 3 seconds" _
, 3, "Self Closing MsgBox", 64
End With
End Sub

Buddy Lee