Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I get an Excel macro to run completely using the keyboard?

I created an Excel macro. If I go to Tools - Macro- Select macro - Run, the
macro runs to completion. If I start the macro using the keyboard shortcut
that I defined when I recorded the macro, it executes the first line of the
macro and then stops. It acts as though I was "Stepping" through the macro.
What do I need to do to get the macro to run to completion using the keyboard
shortcut?
--
George
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

George,

Please post your macro code.

At the beginning of your posted code, *enter the following without the
quote marks*:
["code"]

Your code goes here.

At the end of your posted code, *enter the following without the quote
marks*:
["/code"]

Have a great day,
Stan

--
stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

George, are you getting an error? if so what is it?

George;421132 Wrote:
I created an Excel macro. If I go to Tools - Macro- Select macro - Run,
the
macro runs to completion. If I start the macro using the keyboard
shortcut
that I defined when I recorded the macro, it executes the first line of
the
macro and then stops. It acts as though I was "Stepping" through the
macro.
What do I need to do to get the macro to run to completion using the
keyboard
shortcut?
--
George

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=117182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"stanleydgromjr" wrote:

George,

Please post your macro code.

At the beginning of your posted code, *enter the following without the
quote marks*:
["code"]

Sub Daily()

'
' Daily Macro
' Macro recorded 7/1/2009 by George Clovis
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+D
'
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\George\My Documents\WEIGHT"
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\George\My Documents\WEIGHT\Exercise.xls"
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\George\My Documents\WEIGHT\2009dietpl.xls"
ChDir "C:\Documents and Settings\George\My Documents\MEDICAL"
Workbooks.Open Filename:= _
"C:\Documents and Settings\George\My
Documents\MEDICAL\GeorgeBloodPressure.XLS"
End Sub

At the end of your posted code, *enter the following without the quote
marks*:
["/code"]

Have a great day,
Stan

--
stanleydgromjr
stanleydgromjr's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=503
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=117182

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think using Ctrl+Shift+ causes problems - try removing Shift from your
shortcut.

Another way you could do your macro:

Sub Daily()
Dim FName()

FName = Array("C:\Documents and Settings\George\My
Documents\WEIGHT\Exercise.xls", _
"C:\Documents and Settings\George\My Documents\WEIGHT\2009dietpl.xls", _
"C:\Documents and Settings\George\My
Documents\MEDICAL\GeorgeBloodPressure.XLS")

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For na = 0 To 2

Workbooks.Open Filename:=FName(na)

ThisWorkbook.Activate