Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro Shortcut Key

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand here.

I have a very simple format and print macro that I wrote that needs to be
ran frequently. I want to assign a shortcut key to it. I have tried
everything I can think of for combinations, and nothing seems to run. When I
press the shortcut key, i get the famous microsoft "dong" sound or whatever
you call it! Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the menu bar click ToolsMacroMacrosOptions. Click on the Macro name
in the dialog box and then fill in the blanks in the Option dialog box. OK
out of it and you should be all set.

"Derek Johansen" wrote in message
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand here.

I have a very simple format and print macro that I wrote that needs to be
ran frequently. I want to assign a shortcut key to it. I have tried
everything I can think of for combinations, and nothing seems to run.
When I
press the shortcut key, i get the famous microsoft "dong" sound or
whatever
you call it! Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Set the Security level to low/medium in (Tools|Macro|Security). Goto menu
ToolsMacroMacrosOptions. Select the Macro and then assign a key

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Derek Johansen" wrote:

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand here.

I have a very simple format and print macro that I wrote that needs to be
ran frequently. I want to assign a shortcut key to it. I have tried
everything I can think of for combinations, and nothing seems to run. When I
press the shortcut key, i get the famous microsoft "dong" sound or whatever
you call it! Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is what I tried. I tried using Ctrl + e, q, m and none of them work
(all of them are currently available. I checked my macro code, and it
registers as having a shortcut key... but it just doesn't activate the macro!
Grr!

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

On the menu bar click ToolsMacroMacrosOptions. Click on the Macro name
in the dialog box and then fill in the blanks in the Option dialog box. OK
out of it and you should be all set.

"Derek Johansen" wrote in message
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand here.

I have a very simple format and print macro that I wrote that needs to be
ran frequently. I want to assign a shortcut key to it. I have tried
everything I can think of for combinations, and nothing seems to run.
When I
press the shortcut key, i get the famous microsoft "dong" sound or
whatever
you call it! Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If this is your first macro and you are running xl2003 or later, then you
might need to activate VBA. Click
ToolsOptionsSecurityMacroSecurityTrustedPublis hers and then check the
boxes for trusting add-in and VBA. If you are running xl2007 you might have
to take a different path to get there, but essentially the same thing.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

On the menu bar click ToolsMacroMacrosOptions. Click on the Macro
name
in the dialog box and then fill in the blanks in the Option dialog box.
OK
out of it and you should be all set.

"Derek Johansen" wrote in
message
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand here.

I have a very simple format and print macro that I wrote that needs to
be
ran frequently. I want to assign a shortcut key to it. I have tried
everything I can think of for combinations, and nothing seems to run.
When I
press the shortcut key, i get the famous microsoft "dong" sound or
whatever
you call it! Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The macros run fine on their own, and have for a month now. I just wanted to
try to expedite things as much as possible by adding a shortcut key.... which
isn't working! Oh well. Thanks for the help!

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

On the menu bar click ToolsMacroMacrosOptions. Click on the Macro
name
in the dialog box and then fill in the blanks in the Option dialog box.
OK
out of it and you should be all set.

"Derek Johansen" wrote in
message
Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can give me a hand here.

I have a very simple format and print macro that I wrote that needs to
be
ran frequently. I want to assign a shortcut key to it. I have tried
everything I can think of for combinations, and nothing seems to run.
When I
press the shortcut key, i get the famous microsoft "dong" sound or
whatever
you call it! Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Haha, I appreciate the reserve in asking, but yes, I am pressing control. I
swear this is an issue beyond user error! I've restarted, rewrote, and reset
the macro and my computer and am still getting the same issue! AHH! This
shouldn't be this difficult!