Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with reference to Refedit control

There appears to be a new problem with the Refedit control. On a system with
two versions of Excel (2000 and 2007), when a workbook using the RefEdit
control is saved in Excel 2000, it saves a reference to the control in the
2007 library even if the reference in the original workbook was to the 2000
library. Subsequently opening the workbook in Excel 200 on a system with only
Excel 2000 installed, the reference does not reset automatically to the Excel
2000 library but instead errors with a missing reference.

I know I can work round this by continually resetting the reference
manually, but this is a new problem, possibly caused by a Microsoft update,
so I wonder if it can be fixed?

--
Andrew B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had a 2003 workbook. when I added a userform, the controls had refedit but
raised an error when i tried to drop it into excel.
the same workbook opened in 2007 but had the same problem.
I fixed it by deleting the control and adding it again when in 2007.
Good spot.