Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Shift-Control Arrow and RefEdit Control?

Does anyone know how to make the RefEdit allow a user to use the shift-control and arrow keys to highlight the range (as can be done by the built-in Excel EditBox)

Please email me with the response to

Thanks in Advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ariel,

It works if you make the userform modeless.
Unfortunately, Excel hangs when you mix RefEdit with a modeless userform.

I don't think there is a simple way.

Rob

"Ariel" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to make the RefEdit allow a user to use the

shift-control and arrow keys to highlight the range (as can be done by the
built-in Excel EditBox)?

Please email me with the response to

Thanks in Advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Rob. Should I even bother reconfiguring the userformto become
Modeless? Or should I give up on the idea altogether?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you can turn on screenupdating and use

dim myRng as range
on error resume next
set myrng = application.inputbox(Prompt:="select a range",type:=8)
on error goto 0
if myrng is nothing then
'do whatever you want...
else
'do whatever you want here, too...
end if

Ariel Linden wrote:

Thanks Rob. Should I even bother reconfiguring the userformto become
Modeless? Or should I give up on the idea altogether?

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

THanks Dave, I'll give this a try..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave, the inputbox is a good idea, but it is a stand-alone application.
I need something that will work from within a userform.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put a button on the form that says: Select The Range
have the button hide the userform and popup the inputbox????
then unhide the userform when the user is done.

Ariel Linden wrote:

Dave, the inputbox is a good idea, but it is a stand-alone application.
I need something that will work from within a userform.

Any ideas?

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ariel,

Install the XL2000 hotfix from the following MSKB article.
Contrary to what the article says, service packs do not fix the issue.
This also applies to XL2002.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291110
XL2000: Cannot Use Keyboard Shortcuts to Select Ranges in RefEdit Control

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Ariel" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to make the RefEdit allow a user to use the

shift-control and arrow keys to highlight the range (as can be done by the
built-in Excel EditBox)?
Please email me with the response to
Thanks in Advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim,

Thanks for steering me to those updates. Do I need to install all three
service packs to get this thing fixed?

Ariel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ariel,

Generally speaking, you should always install the MS office service packs.

However, the issue with the RefEdit control is not fixed in XL2000 by
installing the service packs (according to correspondence I have received).
Also, in my case, the RefEdit issue was not fixed in XL2002 by installing
the service packs (even though it is included in the list of fixes for
XL2002).

The mskb article tells you about a registry edit to cure the problem.
Review that again and follow the directions or get someone else who is
familiar with editing the registry to do it for you. (However, I would
install the service packs first.)

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, CA

"Ariel Linden" wrote in message
Hi Jim,

Thanks for steering me to those updates. Do I need to install all three
service packs to get this thing fixed?
Ariel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Jim,

I am downloading the packs now, and I will work the registry thing..

Thanks again for your help..

Ariel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

This fix works like a charm!

THanks

Ariel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ariel,
You are welcome. I appreciate the feedback.
Jim Cone