Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andrew B Andrew B is offline

Default Problem with reference to Refedit control

There appears to be a new problem with the Refedit control. On a system with
two versions of Excel (2000 and 2007), when a workbook using the RefEdit
control is saved in Excel 2000, it saves a reference to the control in the
2007 library even if the reference in the original workbook was to the 2000
library. Subsequently opening the workbook in Excel 200 on a system with only
Excel 2000 installed, the reference does not reset automatically to the Excel
2000 library but instead errors with a missing reference.

I know I can work round this by continually resetting the reference
manually, but this is a new problem, possibly caused by a Microsoft update,
so I wonder if it can be fixed?

--
Andrew B