Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Rename a control - checkbox

Hi,
not quite sure where to post this question but currently I have an excel
spreadsheet. I am trying to get to grips with Office 2007 and I have put a
Test Box control on the page with the intention to rename the control. I am
finding this difficult for a seemingly obvious task.
Any ideas?

Ded
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,.
Go to the text box, right click on the mouse, view code, then go to
properties , go to the first field Name and change it

if this helps please click yes, thanks

"Mano Nymous" wrote:

Hi,
not quite sure where to post this question but currently I have an excel
spreadsheet. I am trying to get to grips with Office 2007 and I have put a
Test Box control on the page with the intention to rename the control. I am
finding this difficult for a seemingly obvious task.
Any ideas?

Ded

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, no go.
Firstly, if I right click the control, I don't see View Code. I can get to
this from the developer tab. When I do, it brings up the VBA window with no
way of renaming the control. This was so much easier in 2003.

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,.
Go to the text box, right click on the mouse, view code, then go to
properties , go to the first field Name and change it

if this helps please click yes, thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,
If you brings the VBA window you have to bring the property windows in order
to get it changed, click on the text box and then , developer, visual Basic,
you will see the property window at your left and the actual name of the
textbox

"Eduardo" wrote:

Hi,.
Go to the text box, right click on the mouse, view code, then go to
properties , go to the first field Name and change it

if this helps please click yes, thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How did you create this control?

If you used the Form or Drawing control toolbar (or whatever it's now
called) then you won't get the option View Code or Properties.

Do you get options to Assign Macro... and Format Control...?

If you do then you could manually rename the control by selecting it
and replacing whatever appears in the Name box.

If you want to do it with code you'll need something like this.

Set txt = ActiveSheet.Shapes(1)

txt.OLEFormat.Object.Name = "Textbox99"

On Jun 23, 1:02*pm, Mano Nymous
wrote:
Hi,
not quite sure where to post this question but currently I have an excel
spreadsheet. I am trying to get to grips with Office 2007 and I have put a
Test Box control on the page with the intention to rename the control. I am
finding this difficult for a seemingly obvious task.
Any ideas?

Ded

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From the Control toolbox toolbar?

Click on the design mode icon (also on that developer tab).

Then select the textbox.

Type the new name in the namebox (to the left of the formulabar).

Remember to hit enter have you've finished the name.

And click the design mode icon when you're done.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I marked as answer - cheers. I was trying this before but I was changing to
TB1 (or CB1 for Checkbox) and all it did was move to the Cell TB1.
If I renamed to something else like Text1 this worked thanks.
The whole "naming to the same as a cell name" threw me a bit.

From the Control toolbox toolbar?