Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checkbox control

I have 10 checkboxes with names chkParams1,
chkParams2,...,chkParams10.

I am writing a sub to reset these boxes using a control box.
I could simply put the statement:
Sheet11.chkParams1.Value = False .....

for all of the boxes. But I am wondering if there is a
better way using a for loop.
How do I make the checkbox name dynamic so that I can do the
following:

Private Sub btnResetConst_Click()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 14
Sheet11.chkParams???.Value = False
next i
End Sub

Thanks,
pac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub btnResetConst_Click()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 14
Sheet11.OleObjects("chkParams" & i).Value = False
next i

Tom Ogilvy

"packat" wrote in message

I have 10 checkboxes with names chkParams1,
chkParams2,...,chkParams10.

I am writing a sub to reset these boxes using a control box.
I could simply put the statement:
Sheet11.chkParams1.Value = False .....

for all of the boxes. But I am wondering if there is a
better way using a for loop.
How do I make the checkbox name dynamic so that I can do the
following:

Private Sub btnResetConst_Click()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 14
Sheet11.chkParams???.Value = False
next i
End Sub

Thanks,
pac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 14
Sheet11.OLEObjects("chkParams" & i).Object.Value = False
Next i

--

HTH

RP

"packat" wrote in message

I have 10 checkboxes with names chkParams1,
chkParams2,...,chkParams10.

I am writing a sub to reset these boxes using a control box.
I could simply put the statement:
Sheet11.chkParams1.Value = False .....

for all of the boxes. But I am wondering if there is a
better way using a for loop.
How do I make the checkbox name dynamic so that I can do the
following:

Private Sub btnResetConst_Click()
Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 14
Sheet11.chkParams???.Value = False
next i
End Sub

Thanks,
pac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 23:32:44 GMT, "packat" wrote:

I have 10 checkboxes with names chkParams1,
chkParams2,...,chkParams10.

I am writing a sub to reset these boxes using a control box.
I could simply put the statement:
Sheet11.chkParams1.Value = False .....

for all of the boxes. But I am wondering if there is a
better way using a for loop.

If you link each checkbox to a LinkedCell, and put the cells together and
assign them a range name, you can do it without a loop:

Range("CheckBoxCells").Value = False

Don <donwiss at panix.com.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Don. The ocde is now even tighter! I did try that
before posting the question, but it did't work. Come to
think of it, perhaps the control was in edit mode :-)
pax