Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting the Transition Function for two columns

I have a spreadsheet where numbers are entered in two columns. I want the
cursor to move to the right from column 1 and then after entry in column 2 I
want the cursor to move down one row and back to column 1. Does anyone know
how to do this?
Stumped
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Highlight the range in which you want to restrict the cursor between columns
(example, click columns B & C, ensuring you click column B first).

Each time you type a value in the formula box, click [Tab]. [Enter] will
perform a different action, depending on your setup. When done, click
outside the highlighted range or press an arrow key.

If you need to start in a partially fill column, click on the left-hand
column where you wish to start, navigate to a reasonable number or rows
below and click the cell while holding the left mouse key to highlight the
range.

--
Steve

"LandySandy" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where numbers are entered in two columns. I want the
cursor to move to the right from column 1 and then after entry in column 2
want the cursor to move down one row and back to column 1. Does anyone
know
how to do this?
Stumped

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unlock columns A and B then protect the sheet.

Tab key will move from A to B then back to A one row down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"AltaEgo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Try the below. Right click the sheetView Code and paste the code. The two
column range is set as Col A and B . Adjust as required; try and feedback

Dim rngTemp As Range
Dim lngCol As Long, lngRow As Long
Set rngTemp = Range("A:B")
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Application.Intersect(Target, rngTemp) Is Nothing Then
lngCol = IIf(Target.Column = rngTemp.Column, Target.Column + 1,
rngTemp.Column)
lngRow = IIf(Target.Column = rngTemp.Column, Target.Row, Target.Row + 1)
Cells(lngRow, lngCol).Select
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub