Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Renaming the Excel windows taskbar

Hi,
Would appreciate if someone could tell me how one can change the way Excel
displays different file windows on the TaskBar and how one can rename it to
how the sheetname or how one could just rename it in a worksheet to suit
oneself. If there is an add-in that would help. EL2003.

Thanks
--
easylife
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi there,

Try the following:

Sub SetApplicationCaption()
Application.Caption = Range("A1").Value
A. Ch. Eirinberg

"easylife" wrote:

Hi,
Would appreciate if someone could tell me how one can change the way Excel
displays different file windows on the TaskBar and how one can rename it to
how the sheetname or how one could just rename it in a worksheet to suit
oneself. If there is an add-in that would help. EL2003.

Thanks
--
easylife

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Eirinberg,
Thanks but it did not work or mayb I didn't do it right.

Went into VBA project and created a new procedure as

' Public Sub Caption()
Sub SetApplicationCaption()
Application.Caption = Range("A1").Value
End Sub

but nothing happened. Could you please carry me through the
process....thanks in advance..Regards
--
easylife