Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default import shape from other sheet based on destination sheet data

I need to import a shape from a sheet in my current workbook based on
the value of a non-empty cell in column B.
I have several sheets in which I need to import shapes in Column A (the
shapes all have the same name). These shapes are in other sheets named
after the value in column B. I need to search column B of the
destination sheet for a shape name (ex: SH01), and then search the
workbook for a sheet named "SH01", copy the shape in A1 fro "SH01" into
the destination sheet.

--
thole
thole's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=271

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thole;328278 Wrote:
I need to import a shape from a sheet in my current workbook based on
the value of a non-empty cell in column B.
I have several sheets in which I need to import shapes in Column A (the
shapes all have the same name). These shapes are in other sheets named
after the value in column B. I need to search column B of the
destination sheet for a shape name (ex: SH01), and then search the
workbook for a sheet named "SH01", copy the shape in A1 fro "SH01" into
the destination sheet.Why do you need to import the shape rather than create a similar one

depending on the data?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91727

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Simon Lloyd;334266 Wrote:
Why do you need to import the shape rather than create a similar one
depending on the data?

Can you attach your workbook so we can help you directly with that?

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91727

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The shape is a picture

--
thole
thole's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=271
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91727

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thole;334288 Wrote:
The shape is a pictureDoes the picture always reside in A1 on each sheet?

It would be better if you could supply a sample workbook so we can see
your set up.

Attatchments.

To upload a workbook, click reply then add your few words, scroll down
past the submit button and you will see the Manage Attatchments button,
this is where you get to add files for upload, if you have any trouble
please use this link or the one at the bottom of the
any page.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91727

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The pictures all have the same name, and all reide in the same cell on
each sheet.
I'll upload a book later.
Thanks,

--
thole
thole's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=271
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91727

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thole;334329 Wrote:
The pictures all have the same name, and all reide in the same cell on
each sheet.
I'll upload a book later.
Thanks,

If they all have the same name how do you propose to tell them apart?,
i think you will have trouble pasting all the pictures with the same
name on one worksheet, anyway supply the workbook and we will see what
we can do. :)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=91727

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Here's the workbook. The idea is to cycle through the red tabbed sheets,
and if the value of any of the blue-tabbed sheets' name is found in
column AH, copy the shape called "linedrawing" from the corresponding
blue-tabbed sheet into the red-tabbed sheet.
Except it doesn't work.....

|Filename: TestImportShapes.xls |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=124|