Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default copied formulas refer to destination sheet not source sheet

In a workbook, with a master sheet copied many times, how do I copy formulas
from one sheet to another and have those formulas refer to the destination
sheet rather than refering back to the source sheet. I seem to remeber this
in the distant past but can't remeber how to make these formulas refer to the
destination sheet and not the source from whence they were copied.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If just copying cells there should be no problem.

Copying a formula like =A1+B1 will not need to be changed since it doesn't
refer to any source.

But if you are copying the Master sheet by Right-clickMove or Copy then you
will get reference to Master sheet.

One method is to do an EditReplace before copying Master sheet.
Replace what: =

With: ^^^

Copy Master sheet then reverse the editreplace in both sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 12:18:01 -0700, Dantron
wrote:

In a workbook, with a master sheet copied many times, how do I copy formulas
from one sheet to another and have those formulas refer to the destination
sheet rather than refering back to the source sheet. I seem to remeber this
in the distant past but can't remeber how to make these formulas refer to the
destination sheet and not the source from whence they were copied.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The easiest way is to have the sheets named the same, and when you do the
pasting, do paste special - Formulas
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button on the bottom
right of this window.

Michael Arch.