Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Office Button

After searching the forum I could not find information on how to List
the Files in the Office Button for Excel 2007.
When you click the Office button it will display "New", "Open" and so
on. Is the a way to populate the options to a worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My first question would be (and I'm sure many others would ask) WHY do
you want to do this? Then, are you just wanting to list the available
workbooks or are you wanting to populate a sheet with all of the options
on the button? After that, what do you intend to do with them, assuming
it is possible?

--
gmorris
gmorris's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=245

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Apr 26, 3:03*pm, gmorris wrote:
My first question would be (and I'm sure many others would ask) WHY do
you want to do this? Then, are you just wanting to list the available
workbooks or are you wanting to populate a sheet with all of the options
on the button? After that, what do you intend to do with them, assuming
it is possible?

--
gmorris
gmorris's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=245
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=90277

Thanks for the response.
It's more for knowledge On my research I found code that listed the
CommandBars options, but not for the "Office Button"
And to was really wondering if it was possible.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote in message
After searching the forum I could not find information on how to List
the Files in the Office Button for Excel 2007.
When you click the Office button it will display "New", "Open" and so
on. Is the a way to populate the options to a worksheet?

Hi

The files (Most recently used, or pinned) are in the registry:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\E xcel\File MRU

Rereading your question and realizing that you don't want the files at all,
but the menu items. Oh well, for the archive this anyway :-)

Best wishes Harald