Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Developing a formula that will return a value based on a date rang

I am trying to develop a formula that would look at a date and return a value
based on that date.

For example, if the date was 4/15/09, it would return a value "FY2010 1st"

So the forumula would have to look at the date and based on a date range
return a value. I would want to have 4 quarters with a corresponding date
range. eg, 8/1/09 would return a value "FY2010 2nd" and so on.

I appreciate any help I can get.
--
Steve D
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What is the first day of the second fiscal quarter?
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200849

"STEDIX" wrote:

I am trying to develop a formula that would look at a date and return a value
based on that date.

For example, if the date was 4/15/09, it would return a value "FY2010 1st"

So the forumula would have to look at the date and based on a date range
return a value. I would want to have 4 quarters with a corresponding date
range. eg, 8/1/09 would return a value "FY2010 2nd" and so on.

I appreciate any help I can get.
--
Steve D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Developing a formula that will return a value based on a date

Here is what I have.

FY2010 is 4/1/09 to 6/30/09.

I will be entering a date in one column, for example 4/24/09 and I would
like FY2010 to be put into another column.

I need multiple logical statements and different values if true. I tried to
use an =IF(OR...) statement but could not get it to work with multiple
logical statements and multiple TRUE values.

I am thinking that this type of formula is not the one I need, but I am
really a novice when it comes to writing conditional formulas.

I do appreciate your help!
--
Steve D

"STEDIX" wrote:

I am trying to develop a formula that would look at a date and return a value
based on that date.

For example, if the date was 4/15/09, it would return a value "FY2010 1st"

So the forumula would have to look at the date and based on a date range
return a value. I would want to have 4 quarters with a corresponding date
range. eg, 8/1/09 would return a value "FY2010 2nd" and so on.

I appreciate any help I can get.
--
Steve D

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I like this formula in general--if the fiscal year starts on the first of month
number #:
="FY"&YEAR(A1)-(MONTH(A1)<#)&"-Q"&INT(1+MOD(MONTH(A1)-#,12)/3)

So if the fiscal year starts on April 1st, then I'd use:
="FY"&YEAR(A1)-(MONTH(A1)<4)&"-Q"&INT(1+MOD(MONTH(A1)-4,12)/3)

I also like this style of result:
FY2009-Q1

You can fiddle around with the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th stuff, but I wouldn't bother.

STEDIX wrote:

I am trying to develop a formula that would look at a date and return a value
based on that date.

For example, if the date was 4/15/09, it would return a value "FY2010 1st"

So the forumula would have to look at the date and based on a date range
return a value. I would want to have 4 quarters with a corresponding date
range. eg, 8/1/09 would return a value "FY2010 2nd" and so on.

I appreciate any help I can get.
--
Steve D

--