mgavidia

Default How to update a cell if a specific date is included in a date rang

I hope I can explain my problem:
These are my columns:

"Start" "End" "Start", "End " "License"
"01/1/06","02/1/06",....."12/1/10"
2/1/06 2/28/06 12/1/10 12/31/10 150 150
150
3/1/06 3/31/06 200
1/1/07 6/30/07 100
4/1/07 9/30/07 75
. . .
. . .
I need to look at the date on the columns and compare it to Start date & End
Date. If the column date is between these ranges, copy the corresponding
license amount under than date column; if not leave it blank.(like the sample
above).
I have been trying different ways with IF( ) but so far no luck. Thanks.

mgavidia

Barb,

Thank you so much for taking the time to check on my problem.
Fortunately, after several attempts of testing with function combinations, I
came up with the answer to my own question. Basically, what I was looking for
was for some kind of BETWEEN function to check if a specific date was in 4
different date ranges in the same row. As far as I know, there is no BETWEEN
function in Excel.
I ended up creating an equivalent by combining IF, OR & AND. I performed a
variety of tests and it work as I wanted it. In summary, it looks something
like this:

=IF(OR(TRUE),$$$, " ")

If the OR function evaluates to TRUE, display license $$$, FALSE display
blank.
What was making it difficult for me was the evaluation of the 4 logical
conditions inside the OR function (That's where I used the AND).

Thanks again.

Miguel Gavidia