Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need Help Developing Formula

Example of what I need:

Columns:
A- Qty
G- $ x 1.15
I- 135 / Qty
J- 85 / Qty
K- 60 / Qty
L- $ x 1.15
N- $ per each
O- Total $

I need to be able to key in a number in the cells above, have the keyed
in number displayed in the cell and for the formulas to be used with the
results put on another worksheet.

Example of what is keyed in:

A- 5
G- $5.00
I- 1
J- 1
K- 10
L- $3.00
N- $168.20

Example of what needs to be displayed on the second worksheet:

A- 5
G- $28.75
I- 135
J- 60
K- 600
L- $3.00
N- $168.20
O- $841.00

I think there is going to be 3 different worksheets.
One will have the keyed in info. This is basically everything per item.

Second will have the results or rather, will have the info keyed in on
first worksheet combined with the formulas (*1.15 or the qty divided by
60..etc)
And then the last worksheet will have the look up values. The (*1.15 or
the qty divided by 60..etc).

The last worksheet will need to be live- the values may change. For
example, maybe the 60 will be increased.. and so on.

Thanks in advance for any help!

--
RockyFTI
RockyFTI's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=417

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For simplicity, I will refer to the different sets as 1, 2, and 3. (1 being
keyed info, 2 being dispalyed formula, 3 being resultant)

A2
=A1
G2
=G1&" x 1.15"
I2
=I1&" / "&A1
J2
=J1&" / "&A1
K2
=K1&" / "&A1
L2
=L1&" x 1.15"
N2
=N1

For your formulas, simply write the math operation using * and /
Example
G3
=G1*1.15
I3
=I1/A1

And so on. Hopefully, you get the idea now.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"RockyFTI" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, but I have three worksheets I am working with.
I worksheet has the keyed in info, the next tab has the "what needs to
be displayed/results and the third tab contains the look up information.

--
RockyFTI
RockyFTI's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=417
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=106146

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

RockyFTI;379445 Wrote:
Thanks, but I have three worksheets I am working with.
The first tab on the worksheet has the keyed in info, the next tab has
the "what needs to be displayed/results and the third tab contains the
look up information.RockyFTI, welcome to The Code Cage!, why not attach a workbook, it will

better illustrate your problem and allow us to help you directly with
it, remember to remove/substitute any personal or sensitive information.

Attachments.

To upload a workbook, click reply then add your few words, scroll down
past the submit button and you will see the Manage Attachments button,
this is where you get to add files for upload, if you have any trouble
please use this link or the one at the bottom of the
any page.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=106146

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, but I have three worksheets I am working with.
The first tab on the worksheet has the keyed in info, the next tab has
the "what needs to be displayed/results and the third tab contains the
look up information.

|Filename: Book1 (Recovered).xlsx |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=166|