Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing Diagonal Lines on worksheet

This is the code I wrote:
Private Sub chkboxE4NA_Click()
unprotect the sheet first
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
'Draws a line accross both pages in Worksheet E4 and directs the user to E5
ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddLine(0#, 1.5, 543.75, 713.25).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Weight = 2.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Flip msoFlipHorizontal
ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddLine(546.75, 1.5, 1073.25, 714#).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Weight = 2.25
Selection.ShapeRange.Flip msoFlipHorizontal
€˜Check box on page two
chkE4NA1.Value = True
'Protect the sheet
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True
ActiveSheet.EnableSelection = xlUnlockedCells
€˜Move the user to Worksheet E5
Sheets("E5").Select

End Sub
________________________
Basically as the user goes down the workbook and finds out he does not need
to fill out worksheet E4, all he has to do is check the checkbox and this
crosses out page one and two and then directs the user to the next worksheet.

Two problems:
ONE: if the user decides after he checks the checkbox to go back and fill
out the worksheet, he has to manually delete the lines.
How can this be done with a simple unchecking of the checkbox?

TWO: if the user unchecks the checkbox, this action draws a new set of
diagonal lines overlaping the first ones.
If problem one can not be solved, how can the repetition of the diagonal
lines be avoided when the user unchecks the checkbox?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is sort of makeshift, but give it a try. Change the sheet number to
suit your requirement.

Sub d()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
For Each shp In Sheets(1).Shapes '<<<validate sheet nbr.
If shp.Type = 9 Then
shp.Delete
End If
Next
End Sub

"Memphis" wrote in message
This is the code I wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Dave and Discussion Groups Forum,

I apologize to the community for the inconvenience. The other post was
intended to be the original post. As I typed and hit the send key, the post
window replied back with an error saying that there was an error and that my
post did not go though. The only way I found out the first post had gone
through was when I got a reply alert in my in box, from two separate
postings. I do indeed appreciate the knowledge base in the Discussion groups
and do not want to jeopardize my membership.

Regards,

Memphis

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Check your other post, too.

Memphis wrote:

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There was another method in that other thread. I'd still suggest you look at
it--even if you don't use it.

If you can't find it, you can use google to search through groups.

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...blic.excel. *

Give it enough information (you as the author, maybe a keyword or date) and
you'll find it.

Memphis wrote:

Hello Dave and Discussion Groups Forum,

I apologize to the community for the inconvenience. The other post was
intended to be the original post. As I typed and hit the send key, the post
window replied back with an error saying that there was an error and that my
post did not go though. The only way I found out the first post had gone
through was when I got a reply alert in my in box, from two separate
postings. I do indeed appreciate the knowledge base in the Discussion groups
and do not want to jeopardize my membership.

Regards,

Memphis

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Check your other post, too.