ezas1040

Default How do I place diagonal lines in a cell in Excel.

I would like to place diagonal lines in one or more cells in an Excel
spreadsheet. How do I do this?
Rowan

Select the required cells. Then from the Format menu select cells. Then
select the Border Tab. Choose the line style you require in the box on the
right and then click just below and to the left of the work "Text" in the
box on the left. Click OK.

Regards
Rowan

"ezas1040" wrote:

I would like to place diagonal lines in one or more cells in an Excel
spreadsheet. How do I do this?

ezas1040

Rowan, I really appreciate you taking time to answer my question. I need to
know how to place multiple diagonal lines within a cell in Excell.
Respectfully,
ezas1040

"ezas1040" wrote:

I would like to place diagonal lines in one or more cells in an Excel
spreadsheet. How do I do this?

Rowan

You have two options I guess.

1. Format Cells Patterns and then select one of the diagonal options
from the Patterns drop down.
2. Display the Drawing Toolbar and add the lines manually using the Line
function (click and drag).

HTH
Rowan