Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to Kill a Reference - Arrrgh!

I embed an optimization library in Excel models. I installed a new
version of the optimizer in it's own directory. However, when I try
to point the Reference to the new folder location, it keeps pointing
back to the original. I even renamed the original folder to see if
causing it to be "missing" would force the redirect. That does not
work.

See what I mean?

How do I kill an obsolete Reference. Can I declare the Reference in
the code inself? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Register the DLL with RegSvr32. Quit Excel, then go to the Windows
Start menu. Choose Run and enter:

RegSvr32 "C:\YourPath\YourDLL.dll"

Then open Excel and check the references.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:24:33 -0700 (PDT), SteveM
wrote:

I embed an optimization library in Excel models. I installed a new
version of the optimizer in it's own directory. However, when I try
to point the Reference to the new folder location, it keeps pointing
back to the original. I even renamed the original folder to see if
causing it to be "missing" would force the redirect. That does not
work.

See what I mean?

How do I kill an obsolete Reference. Can I declare the Reference in
the code inself? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

Arrrgh. Ok please help, formulae language driving me completely ma Fredrik Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 November 30th 08 04:25 PM
Kill a Macro? Andyjim Excel Programming 3 February 14th 08 10:23 PM
Kill Michael Excel Programming 2 August 23rd 05 11:53 AM
'Kill' solomon_monkey Excel Programming 7 January 7th 05 09:56 AM
AutoFill KILL Frustrated[_2_] Excel Programming 1 July 29th 03 04:40 PM