Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default How to Kill a Reference - Arrrgh!

Register the DLL with RegSvr32. Quit Excel, then go to the Windows
Start menu. Choose Run and enter:

RegSvr32 "C:\YourPath\YourDLL.dll"

Then open Excel and check the references.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:24:33 -0700 (PDT), SteveM
wrote:

I embed an optimization library in Excel models. I installed a new
version of the optimizer in it's own directory. However, when I try
to point the Reference to the new folder location, it keeps pointing
back to the original. I even renamed the original folder to see if
causing it to be "missing" would force the redirect. That does not
work.

See what I mean?

How do I kill an obsolete Reference. Can I declare the Reference in
the code inself? Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve