Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Arrrgh. Ok please help, formulae language driving me completely ma

For some reason someone decided that the formulaes in my version of Excel
2007 are to be inserted in the Swedish language (IF bein OM, AND being OCH
etc...).

During years of various types of programming and scripting etc I have never
ever felt a need to do that in Swedish, on the contrary i see the use of ONE
language as an enormous strenght and benefit.

Now im sitting at home with an excel version that is useless for me :/
I can live with that everywhere i surf these days I get a swedish version of
everything forced on me but....when it comes to functions in programming it
is extremely hard for me to guess what word has replaced the word i am used
to for each function.

Anyone know how to fix this error?

/Cheers,

p.s For the "real" programmers: Sorry for calling excel-scripting
"Programming".
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First check the Region and Language Options in the Control Panel
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200816
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Fredrik,

In "programming" you still have to use the "English" verbs; there is no
local VBA anymore since, I think, Excel97.
Or did I misunderstand your question?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Fredrik" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Arrrgh. Ok please help, formulae language driving me completel

Hi again. Ill try and be more clear :)

I am used to programming in english, using english words when calling
functions. I want to continue doing that.

My new installation of excel will not let me do that. It only accepts
swedish translations of functions.

I want excel to let me use english in formulas.

/Fredrik

"Fredrik" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Fredrik,

Look he

http://buy.trymicrosoftoffice.com/bu...ure =en-US+--

But check first if you don't already have it, but set to Swedish instead of
English.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Fredrik" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you can't switch to english, there is a workbook which gives the
translations. Its called vbalist.xls in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\1036" folder. That's true for french; i guess it's the
same for you.
Daniel