Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Stuck on SaveAs FileFormat in Excel 2007 VBA

I have the following line of code that just keeps kicking me out of Excel.

oWB.SaveAs Filename:=aWBName, FileFormat:=FileFormatNum

In this case,

aWBName = "myName.xls"
FileFormatNum = 56

What am I missing?

I'm saving the workbook to ths same folder as the original oWB so am not
including the path.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Barb

This must work in 2007
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="myName.xls", FileFormat:=56
Do you have permission to save a file in that folder ?

keeps kicking me out of Excel

What do get ? Errors ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have the following line of code that just keeps kicking me out of Excel.

oWB.SaveAs Filename:=aWBName, FileFormat:=FileFormatNum

In this case,

aWBName = "myName.xls"
FileFormatNum = 56

What am I missing?

I'm saving the workbook to ths same folder as the original oWB so am not
including the path.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's a folder on my C drive and I'm seeing some temp files there, but nothing
else. Also, no errors. It's just closing Excel. The workbook with the
code is also an .xls.

Strange, huh?

Barb

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Barb

This must work in 2007
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="myName.xls", FileFormat:=56
Do you have permission to save a file in that folder ?

keeps kicking me out of Excel

What do get ? Errors ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have the following line of code that just keeps kicking me out of Excel.

oWB.SaveAs Filename:=aWBName, FileFormat:=FileFormatNum

In this case,

aWBName = "myName.xls"
FileFormatNum = 56

What am I missing?

I'm saving the workbook to ths same folder as the original oWB so am not
including the path.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I stopped execution immediately before the saveas and then saved the file
manually and had the same problem. I think the code is the least of my
problems at this point.

I'll let you know what I come up with.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Barb

This must work in 2007
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="myName.xls", FileFormat:=56
Do you have permission to save a file in that folder ?

keeps kicking me out of Excel
What do get ? Errors ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have the following line of code that just keeps kicking me out of Excel.

oWB.SaveAs Filename:=aWBName, FileFormat:=FileFormatNum

In this case,

aWBName = "myName.xls"
FileFormatNum = 56

What am I missing?

I'm saving the workbook to ths same folder as the original oWB so am not
including the path.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

We're in the thick of an Office 2007 rollout and things have been changing.
When I changed my code to save the file as a .xlsx with the correct
fileformat, it worked fine. Any idea what might have changed that would
cause this problem.

Thanks,
Barb

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Barb

This must work in 2007
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="myName.xls", FileFormat:=56
Do you have permission to save a file in that folder ?

keeps kicking me out of Excel
What do get ? Errors ?

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have the following line of code that just keeps kicking me out of Excel.

oWB.SaveAs Filename:=aWBName, FileFormat:=FileFormatNum

In this case,

aWBName = "myName.xls"
FileFormatNum = 56

What am I missing?

I'm saving the workbook to ths same folder as the original oWB so am not
including the path.

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can try this first and test it again

Run Office Diagnostics.
Office ButtonExcel Options...Resources