Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel SaveAs not using specified FileFormat

I'm using Excel as an ActiveX object and trying to use the SaveAs method in
Excel to programmatically save the workbook in different file types. The
file saves (has an updated date & time stamp) but not in the specified
format. Instead it is always in the Excel format. I'm using the FileFormat
parameter with a value of , e.g., xlTextMSDOS. Is there something else that
needs to be specified, also. All help is much appreciated! Nancy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try using 21 instead of xlTextMSDOS.

--
Jim
"NancyTG" wrote in message
| I'm using Excel as an ActiveX object and trying to use the SaveAs method
in
| Excel to programmatically save the workbook in different file types. The
| file saves (has an updated date & time stamp) but not in the specified
| format. Instead it is always in the Excel format. I'm using the
FileFormat
| parameter with a value of , e.g., xlTextMSDOS. Is there something else
that
| needs to be specified, also. All help is much appreciated! Nancy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I tried it, but still got an Excel file format. Thanks, Nancy