Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to add text box with macro attached

Here is an example right from the Recorder:

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 4/20/2009 by James Ravenswood
'

'
ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHo rizontal, 258#, 42.75, _
150.75, 82.5).Select
Selection.Characters.Text = "Here is a Textbox"
With Selection.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=17).Font
.Name = "Arial"
.FontStyle = "Regular"
.Size = 10
.Strikethrough = False
.Superscript = False
.Subscript = False
.OutlineFont = False
.Shadow = False
.Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 1").Select
Selection.OnAction = "checkout"
Range("A1").Select

Gary''s Student - gsnu200847

"mark Stephens" wrote:

I am trying to add a series of text boxes to a sheet and assign each a
macro, I can add the text boxes ok, but i am unsure how to add a macro, this
is what I tried:

Set MyDocument = Worksheets("Charting")
MyDocument.Shapes.AddTextbox(msoTextOrientationHor izontal, 100, 100, 200,
50).TextFrame.Characters.Text = "Test Box"
Selection.OnAction = "Addtrendline"

Once I have added a shape how do I refer to it (oh how I hanker after the
days when I could just recor4d a macro to find out how to do stuff!).

Thanks and regards, mark