Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Switch ribbons programmatically

In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can hide the tabs or controls with code if you want
See the download on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

See point 3

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"xp" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Hi Ron,

Thanks; the internet Nazi's here at the office are blocking my ability to
download your examples...

"xp" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mail me private and I send you the file

You find my mail address here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--

"xp" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

You can hide the tabs or controls with code if you want
See the download on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

See point 3

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"xp" wrote in ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a customribbonstarted from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbonand back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Ron de Bruin example file is great, but it works only when
startFromScratch=False. When True, getVisible no longer works. The
original post asked how to switch back to original Ribbon within a
workbook with custom Ribbon started from scratch.
The only way to toggle between custom/original ribbons when using
startFromScratch=True, is to rebuild all Mso tabs as custom tabs.
Custom tabs do respond to getVisible.

Dovy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When True, getVisible no longer works
Correct

But maybe you can hide all tabs if you want with RibbonX and use getVisible to toggle

--

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Ribbons BigRik Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 September 26th 08 04:11 AM
Ribbons sunshine New Users to Excel 4 September 4th 08 08:42 PM
How to delete ribbons? Skywalker Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 31st 07 07:04 PM
Ribbons / VBA example MrT Excel Programming 7 November 20th 06 10:51 PM
Programmatically switch off "Variable declaration reqiured" in VBE? Alan Excel Programming 6 December 15th 04 10:31 AM