-   -   Switch ribbons programmatically (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/426748-switch-ribbons-programmatically.html)

XP

Switch ribbons programmatically

In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Homey

Switch ribbons programmatically

when workbook with ribbon active its ribbon is visable. you have change to
another workbook with no ribbon for ribbon to change to norml

"xp" wrote in message
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is
there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Ron de Bruin

Switch ribbons programmatically

You can hide the tabs or controls with code if you want
See the download on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

See point 3

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"xp" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

XP

Switch ribbons programmatically

Hi Ron,

Thanks; the internet Nazi's here at the office are blocking my ability to
download your examples...

"xp" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Ron de Bruin

Switch ribbons programmatically

Mail me private and I send you the file

You find my mail address here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/

--

"xp" wrote in message ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a custom ribbon started from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbon and back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!

Dovy

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

You can hide the tabs or controls with code if you want
See the download on this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

See point 3

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"xp" wrote in ...
In Excel 2007,

Suppose you have a customribbonstarted from scratch in a workbook. Is there
a way to programmatically cause it to revert back to the default/built-in
ribbonand back again while the workbook remains open?

If so, can someone please help me code it?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Ron de Bruin example file is great, but it works only when
startFromScratch=False. When True, getVisible no longer works. The
original post asked how to switch back to original Ribbon within a
workbook with custom Ribbon started from scratch.
The only way to toggle between custom/original ribbons when using
startFromScratch=True, is to rebuild all Mso tabs as custom tabs.
Custom tabs do respond to getVisible.

Dovy

Ron de Bruin

Switch ribbons programmatically

When True, getVisible no longer works
Correct

But maybe you can hide all tabs if you want with RibbonX and use getVisible to toggle