Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default excel 2003 output file

I would like to know how to write out excel 2003 excel worksheets to separate
files. Basically I need to write out each excel 2003 file generated by a
vb.net 2005 desktop application to separate workbooks. Each separate
worksheet is going to be email and encrypted for each customer.
Thus I would appreciate any suggestions that you have how to accomplish
this task.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

douglas -

Excel super-guru Ron de Bruin has many varieties of VBA examples for sending
workbooks or worksheets via email. See

http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"douglas" wrote in message
I would like to know how to write out excel 2003 excel worksheets to
separate
files. Basically I need to write out each excel 2003 file generated by a
vb.net 2005 desktop application to separate workbooks. Each separate
worksheet is going to be email and encrypted for each customer.
Thus I would appreciate any suggestions that you have how to accomplish
this task.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Mike Middleton":

Thank you for your reply. My problem is not how to email files. I want to
write one excel worksheet to each excel workbook. I do not want lots of tabs
in one excel workbook. I just want one tab filled in for each workbook
generated.
Thus do you know how I could accomplish this task in VB.net 2005?

Thanks!

"douglas" wrote in message
I would like to know how to write out excel 2003 excel worksheets to
separate
files. Basically I need to write out each excel 2003 file generated by a
vb.net 2005 desktop application to separate workbooks. Each separate
worksheet is going to be email and encrypted for each customer.
Thus I would appreciate any suggestions that you have how to accomplish
this task.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"AltaEgo":

Thank you for your response! However this link does not answer my question
directly. What I want to do is copy data from selected rows in a sql server
2005 database and put those selected rows into separate excel worksheets. I
plan to do this in a visual basic.net 2005 desktop application. The only way
that I can see to do this to open and close the excel spreadhseet object
that is being used in the visual basic .net 2005 application each time I am
ready to load data onto the separate spreadsheets. I was hoping to find a
way that I could reuse the excel object embedded in the visual basic.net 2005
desktop application. I was also hoping maybe there is some way for me to
accomplish this task using 'office automation'.

Thanks!

"AltaEgo" wrote:

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy6.htm

--