Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default convert an excel prn output file from dos to unix?

After I save an Excel worksheet as a space delimited prn file, I would like
to convert it from dos to unix. Is there a way to do this within Excel or by
using someother Microsoft utility?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In , mopie told us
an interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

After I save an Excel worksheet as a space delimited prn file, I
would like to convert it from dos to unix. Is there a way to do this
within Excel or by using someother Microsoft utility?

Most Dos -- Unix tools can be found on Unix/Linux, and you can use
them in batch. However, perhaps if you Google very hard, you might find
a tool that is ported to Windows. I know Editpad pro supports Unix
files. But then you'd have to endure a gui which may or may not be
convenient.

My answer is: let Unix solve the problem, it is much better equipped
for such things.

--
Amedee Van Gasse