Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Positioning a Comment

Could someone help here please, I'm trying to position
a Comment beside a Form. Using this... which almost
works. r is the Col and row where the comment is.

--
Sub Showc(ByVal r)
Dim rng As Range
Dim cTop
Set rng = ActiveWindow.VisibleRange
cTop = rng.Top + rng.Height / 2
With Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(r)
If Not .Comment Is Nothing Then
With .Comment
With .Shape
.Top = cTop - 215
.Left = Range("M11").Left + 47
End With
.Visible = True
End With
End If
End With
Set rng = Nothing

The problem is the left position. For some reason it varies.
I haven'e been able to workout a relationship between the
right hand side of the Form - yet, or see if using that is better

..Left in the above is 700 odd; MyForm Left + width is 300ish.

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mar 4, 8:48*pm, kirkm wrote:
[...]

Have you tried setting the StartupPosition property to "0 - Manual"?
This will allow you to set the Left and Top properties and thereby
control where the UserForm appears when it is shown. This may be of
help to you.

Matt