Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] meh2030@gmail.com is offline

Default Positioning a Comment

On Mar 4, 8:48*pm, kirkm wrote:
Could someone help here please, I'm trying to position
a Comment beside a Form. *Using this... which almost
works. r is the Col and row where the comment is.

--
Sub Showc(ByVal r)
* * Dim rng As Range
* * Dim cTop
* * Set rng = ActiveWindow.VisibleRange
* * cTop = rng.Top + rng.Height / 2
* * With Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(r)
* * * * If Not .Comment Is Nothing Then
* * * * * * With .Comment
* * * * * * * * With .Shape
* * * * * * * * * * .Top = cTop - 215
* * * * * * * * * * .Left = Range("M11").Left + 47
* * * * * * * * End With
* * * * * * * * .Visible = True
* * * * * * End With
* * * * End If
* * End With
* * Set rng = Nothing

The problem is the left position. For some reason it varies.
I haven'e been able to workout a relationship between the
right hand side of the Form - yet, or see if using that is better

.Left in the above is 700 odd; *MyForm Left + width is 300ish.

Thanks - Kirk

Have you tried setting the StartupPosition property to "0 - Manual"?
This will allow you to set the Left and Top properties and thereby
control where the UserForm appears when it is shown. This may be of
help to you.

Matt