Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dim active sheet

Can I add a DIM line for this macro?
It seems I need to access the complete sheet. If I have to many cells it
will not work correctly. With fewer cells it works fine

Sub Cell_Down()
'
' Cell_Down Macro
' Macro recorded 2/25/2009 by Windows User
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'

Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

There's nothing to Dimension in this code, it will simply insert as many
cells as you have selected. What is/isn't it doing that you want it to?

Mike

"Stanley Braverman" wrote:

Can I add a DIM line for this macro?
It seems I need to access the complete sheet. If I have to many cells it
will not work correctly. With fewer cells it works fine

Sub Cell_Down()
'
' Cell_Down Macro
' Macro recorded 2/25/2009 by Windows User
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'

Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just do

Cells.ClearContents

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Stanley Braverman" wrote in message
Can I add a DIM line for this macro?
It seems I need to access the complete sheet. If I have to many cells it
will not work correctly. With fewer cells it works fine

Sub Cell_Down()
'
' Cell_Down Macro
' Macro recorded 2/25/2009 by Windows User
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'

Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sometimes I need to move cells down only several cells and at other times I
might need to move them down 30 or more cells. That's why I need individual
control of move cells.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Why not just do

Cells.ClearContents

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Stanley Braverman" wrote in message
Can I add a DIM line for this macro?
It seems I need to access the complete sheet. If I have to many cells it
will not work correctly. With fewer cells it works fine

Sub Cell_Down()
'
' Cell_Down Macro
' Macro recorded 2/25/2009 by Windows User
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+d
'

Selection.Insert Shift:=xlDown

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Then why do you feel that you need to access the whole sheet?

--