Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create Word (or Excel) Reports via VBA

I need to create some reports. I had planned to use Crystal Reports and
store the information in a SQL Database.

However, the more I use advanced techniques in creating this Excel
application, I see that it is possible to create reports in Word or Excel
using VBA.

I would like it if someone could point me in the right direction to creating
a report in Word. Excel would work as long as it looks professional.

The application that I have written gets comments from the users and creates
charts.

1) I will create a header page
2) Insert the comments
3) Insert the appropriate chart images (gif files)
4) go to the next section (4 sections in all)
5) Need to add the patient number to the header
6) Create some page numbers in the footer

Can anyone show me an example or at least point me to a knowledge base or
article dealing with creating reports via VBA?

Thanks,

Tony
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 14:04:10 -0800, Webtechie
wrote:

[...]

Tony: This article may help some

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...tomating-word/

--