Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gaz Gaz is offline

Default Creating Reports from Excel data to Word

Hi, I'm required to produce a monthly report and doing it manually would be a
nightmare and time consuming. I've been studying how to link data from the
excel file and this looks ideal but:

The spreadsheet rows will increase on a monthly basis
and
I wish to breakdown sections of the report as we would in excel using
autofilters i.e. select rows of data on a single field for import to word.

Also, how do I compare the data sources from month to month to identify
changes?

Any help much appreciated. I'm using excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You may be able to do a mail merge from Word, to create the report, and
filter the data as part of that process. There's information on the Word
MVP site:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/

If you have problems with the merge, you could ask a question in the
Word Mail Merge newsgroup.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures