Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Default XBRL Tool

I've been searching for a addin for Excel and Word that will convert
documents into XBRL format. I thought there was a Microsoft download
available, but all I can find are 3rd party solutions available for a fee.
Are there any free versions that anyone can point me to?

Thanks,
dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I googles XBRL and only got 36 hits, which tells me the this is not a highly
used file format, and I would suspect Microsoft would not support such a
limited audience. Regarding getting such a converter for free, I can't say -
but if I were a programmer creating software for such an obscure purpose, I
would want to recoup my investment.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire