Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Option Buttons as An AutoFilter

I have an excel spreadsheet with a list of inventory parts. As many of
you know, there could be thousands and thousands of parts in any given
inventory.

Instead of using the ordinary filter to drill down to the actual item,
I would like to create a custom made user form to do the filtering.

Here is the set-up:

1. Select the type of part(column #1)
2. Select the type of data you want to search in (this would be any
other column)
3. Narrow down the search by entering a keyword.

One worksheet will have the user form
One worksheet will have the parts

I would like build a code that will do the filtering from the user
form. Then display the results below the user form.

I have attached a copy of my excel worksheet and the user form.

|Filename: Parts Test.xls |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=76|

siamadu
siamadu's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=128
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=63319

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello siamadu,

Welcome to the Code Cage!

I have looked at your UserForm and wanted to ask you if you want to
return only the first match or all matches. Were do you want the results
to display - on the UserForm in a ListBox or on another worksheet?

--
Leith Ross

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

'The Code Cage' (http://www.thecodecage.com/)
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=75
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=63319

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Leith Ross;227706 Wrote:
Hello siamadu,

Welcome to the Code Cage!

I have looked at your UserForm and wanted to ask you if you want to
return only the first match or all matches. Were do you want the results
to display - on the UserForm in a ListBox or on another worksheet?

I hope I am not asking for to much, but I would like the data to narrow
down to be filtered by each one of the columns.

The first filter is to select the type of part that the user wants to
research.
The second filter is to select the column the user once to use to
conduct his/her search.
Then once the user selects the column, then he/she will enter in a
keyword in the text box to further near the search.

I would like the results to show on the bottom of the user form and the
inventory database to be on another sheet. I do not want the user to
have any access to the inventory database sheet

You see, this will be used for inventory. And inventory can have
hundrerds and hundreds of lines to search. The first search is
necessary because they will need to know what type of part they need.
Then they will need to know how they will like to search for the part.

Once select how they want to search, simply type in any keyword to
narrow down the search will be help.

Sorry to be so long-winded. I just want to make my self clear. I have
also include another visual to see how the format should be.

|Filename: UserForm Advance Filter.doc |
|Download: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/attachment.php?attachmentid=77|