Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default help with option buttons

In VB you can group option buttons, but I don't know how it is done in excel.
Every option button I put on the sheet behaves the same. Not matter what I
try, if you select one button, the other is de-selected. Is there a way to
make them independent of each other.

Thanks for any help provided
Vince

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Vince,

Assuming you are using controls from the Control Toolbox toolbar, you can
change the GroupName property from the default Sheet1 (or whatever) to a
name of your own choosing. Option buttons can then be selected within their
own Group, independently of other groups.

--
John Green
Sydney

"Vince" wrote in message
In VB you can group option buttons, but I don't know how it is done in

excel.
Every option button I put on the sheet behaves the same. Not matter what

try, if you select one button, the other is de-selected. Is there a way

make them independent of each other.

Thanks for any help provided
Vince

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Vince,

Are they form or control toolbox buttons?

If form, put a frame, or Group Box around them. If control toolbox, set the
Group property.

--

HTH

RP