Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default option buttons

Hi Marwan,

There is a GroupName property of the OptionButton control. Give the same
GroupName to all of the OptionButtons that you want to link to one cell and
a different GroupName to all of the OptionButtons that you want to link to
the other cell.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

"marwan hefnawy" wrote in message
when using option buttons on the worksheet, I noticed that they are all
linked to the same cell, when I change the cell link in one of them they

are
all changed automaically.
I want to link some option buttons to one cell, and another set of option
buttons (in the same sheet) to another cell in the same sheet.
Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Neither forms nor control toolbox buttons do this automatically, or even
link at all on setup AFAIK, it has top be set. And it is just as easy to
change. If forms optionbuttons, right-click the button and select format
control and goto the control tab. If control toolbox. right-click and select
properties.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"marwan hefnawy" wrote in message
when using option buttons on the worksheet, I noticed that they are all
linked to the same cell, when I change the cell link in one of them they

are
all changed automaically.
I want to link some option buttons to one cell, and another set of option
buttons (in the same sheet) to another cell in the same sheet.
Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"marwan hefnawy" wrote in message
when using option buttons on the worksheet, I noticed that they are all
linked to the same cell, when I change the cell link in one of them they

are
all changed automaically.
I want to link some option buttons to one cell, and another set of option
buttons (in the same sheet) to another cell in the same sheet.
Is this possible?

Draw a Group Box around each set of option buttons you wish to define. Each
"Group" of option buttons will work independently and each can have it's own
linked cell. Without the Group Box, all option buttons drawn on a worksheet
will be considered part of the same group.

Thomas Bartkus