Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default You receive a "Too many different cell formats" error message in E

Need to know where we stand.
How do I find out programmatically how many formats are in a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I can't answer your question but the following might help to overcome your
problem.

I think that too many different cell formats applies to the additional
custom formats in number format.

Custom formats always appear after the formats that come in Excel by default.

Open a new worksheet and select number format and then Custom. Scroll down
to the last formats visible and make a note of them. (Can be difficult to
make a note/remember but sometimes it is easier to count the format items
down from one that is easy to remember.)

Open the worksheet with too many formats and select Number format- Custom
and scroll down to the last default format and you will be able to see how
many custom format there are after it.

Often there are custom formats that can be deleted because a user creates a
custom format and then change their mind and create another one without
deleting the previous one. Therefore it is always a good idea if you create a
custom format and change your mind then delete the previous one unless you
still intend to use it.

OssieMac

"DTAmn" wrote:

Need to know where we stand.
How do I find out programmatically how many formats are in a spreadsheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default You receive a "Too many different cell formats" error message

I have over 200 worksheets; we are close to the 4000 limit.
Our users can add custom worksheets. I need to know where
we are before they add them.
Once they go over the 4000, the spreadsheet is history.

I need to be able to find out how many formats I have now.
Any code or API available? Yes, or No?

Thanks