Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell copying

I am trying to manually copy selected cells, from one Excel application to
another.
After selecting the cells and pressing <Ctrl<c, I close the application so
the data copies and not the underlying formulas.

I open the destination Excel application and select the appropriate cells to
paste to.
I press <Ctrl<v.
So far so good.

However, my problem is that the Fill Colors do not copy over.
The fill colors that were originally there before the <Ctrl<v remain.
Only the data is changed.

How do I get the fill colors and the data to copy but not the original
formulas.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Paste your data before closing the original workbook.
Then copy the newly pasted data and paste values (Edit | Paste Special | Values).
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"William Beard"

wrote in message
I am trying to manually copy selected cells, from one Excel application to
another.
After selecting the cells and pressing <Ctrl<c, I close the application so
the data copies and not the underlying formulas.

I open the destination Excel application and select the appropriate cells to
paste to.
I press <Ctrl<v.
So far so good.

However, my problem is that the Fill Colors do not copy over.
The fill colors that were originally there before the <Ctrl<v remain.
Only the data is changed.

How do I get the fill colors and the data to copy but not the original
formulas.
Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi William,

There is no need to close the source workbook to stop the formulas copying.
Copy the cells required then change windows to the destination workbook and
right click the distination and you get a popup menu. Select Paste Special -
Values. Then right click the destination cell again and select Paste Special
- Formats.

OssieMac

"William Beard" wrote:

I am trying to manually copy selected cells, from one Excel application to
another.
After selecting the cells and pressing <Ctrl<c, I close the application so
the data copies and not the underlying formulas.

I open the destination Excel application and select the appropriate cells to
paste to.
I press <Ctrl<v.
So far so good.

However, my problem is that the Fill Colors do not copy over.
The fill colors that were originally there before the <Ctrl<v remain.
Only the data is changed.

How do I get the fill colors and the data to copy but not the original
formulas.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi OssieMac,

Thanks for the response. However, something's not right.
To start at the beginning, both of the applications open in the same window.
Is that a problem? If so, what do I change to causes the applications to
open in different windows?
I'm using MSO Excel 2003 (11.8238.8221) SP3

Thanks,
William