Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MDN MDN is offline

Default Copying cell contents from many cells and pasting into one cell

Hello

I'd like to copy the contents from a group of cells and then paste all of
those contents into one cell on a different worksheet. How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you would need a formula, something like:

=Sheet1!A1&Sheet1!A2&Sheet1!A3 etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 10, 7:23 pm, MDN wrote:
Hello

I'd like to copy the contents from a group of cells and then paste all of
those contents into one cell on a different worksheet. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

have you tried to Concatenate

example: =Concatenate(A1,B2,C3)
or =A1&B2&C3

"MDN" wrote:

Hello

I'd like to copy the contents from a group of cells and then paste all of
those contents into one cell on a different worksheet. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could just combine using a formula on destination sheet.

=Sheet1!A1 & Sheet1!B1 and Sheet1!C1 etc.

Or a User Defined Function.......................

Function ConCatRange(CellBlock As Range) As String
Dim Cell As Range
Dim sbuf As String
For Each Cell In CellBlock
If Len(Cell.text) 0 Then sbuf = sbuf & Cell.text & " "
Next
ConCatRange = Left(sbuf, Len(sbuf) - 1)
End Function

=Sheet1!(A1:A10)

Or a macro.............................

Sub ConCat_Cells()
Dim x As Range
Dim y As Range
Dim z As Range
Dim w As String
Dim sbuf As String
On Error GoTo endit
w = InputBox("Enter the Type of De-limiter Desired")
Set z = Application.InputBox("Select Destination Cell", _
"Destination Cell", , , , , , 8)
Application.SendKeys "+{F8}"
Set x = Application.InputBox("Select Cells, Contiguous or Non-Contiguous", _
"Cells Selection", , , , , , 8)
For Each y In x
If Len(y.text) 0 Then sbuf = sbuf & y.text & w
Next
z = Left(sbuf, Len(sbuf) - Len(w))
Exit Sub
endit:
MsgBox "Nothing Selected. Please try again."
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:23:04 -0800, MDN wrote:

Hello

I'd like to copy the contents from a group of cells and then paste all of
those contents into one cell on a different worksheet. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try to use concatenate
assuming that you have one data base

a b

1 Many to
2 Things do
3
4 =a1&" "&a2&" "&b1&" "&b2

hth

--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"MDN" escreveu:

Hello

I'd like to copy the contents from a group of cells and then paste all of
those contents into one cell on a different worksheet. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MDN MDN is offline

Default Copying cell contents from many cells and pasting into one cel

Thank you. Is is possible to Concatenate a large range of cells ? I have 75
cells that I want to put together. Does that mean I'll have to enter each
number into the formula or is there a way to do a range?