Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Cell copying

Hi William,

There is no need to close the source workbook to stop the formulas copying.
Copy the cells required then change windows to the destination workbook and
right click the distination and you get a popup menu. Select Paste Special -
Values. Then right click the destination cell again and select Paste Special
- Formats.

OssieMac

"William Beard" wrote:

I am trying to manually copy selected cells, from one Excel application to
another.
After selecting the cells and pressing <Ctrl<c, I close the application so
the data copies and not the underlying formulas.

I open the destination Excel application and select the appropriate cells to
paste to.
I press <Ctrl<v.
So far so good.

However, my problem is that the Fill Colors do not copy over.
The fill colors that were originally there before the <Ctrl<v remain.
Only the data is changed.

How do I get the fill colors and the data to copy but not the original
formulas.

Thanks for your help.