Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default prompt to save when already saved

you need

application.displayalerts = false

at the beginning of your code, and turn it back on again with "true"
at the end of your code.
:)
susan

On Feb 2, 3:33*pm, Scooter wrote:
I have a macro in a blank workbook that opens, updates and closes other
workbooks. * *The below 3 lines are what I repeat for the files to update. *
Why do I still get the "Do you want to save your changes..." prompt when it
closes a file?

* * Workbooks.Open Filename:="aaa.xls", UpdateLinks:=True
* * Workbooks("aaa.xls").Save
* * Workbooks("aaa.xls").Close