Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default prompt user to save file as {desired_name} and save it to a variab

the code will prompt user to "Save the file as:"

how do I save this user-input string so that I can "open" this file for
writing later on?

thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use Application.getsaveAsFilename.

Note that this does not do the .save for you; it just returns a string of
the filepath/name.

NickHK