Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Locked Cells and Hyperlinks

Hello,

I hope someone can help with a problem I am encountering.

I have a workbook with 4 sheets and for each sheet I want to protect the
cells and not allow users to select the locked cells but allow them to select
unlock cells.

I also have hyperlinks on each sheet. When I envoke the locked cells /
protection whenever I select anywhere in the sheet, the hyperlink action
takes place. Its not necessarily the first hyperlink either, it seems to
chose a randon hyperlink everytime I unprotect and re-protect.

I do have this code in the Worksheet_FollowHyperlink sub, does that make a
difference?

Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink)

If ActiveCell.Address = "$J$10" Then Call ShowUsers
If ActiveCell.Address = "$L$18" Then Call Quit

End Sub

Can anyone advise on how I can overcome this?

Many thanks in advance.

Martin