Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I cut and paste from excel to other applications, multiple pieces of info?

At my work, we use about 10 different applications and we are need to cut
and paste info back and forth between these applications. I also want to
keep a log of the info I have been working with.

Ideally, what I would like to do is to paste all of the info I need from the
different applictions into a row in excel, then press a macro button, and
then "load" the info into the clipboard (or whatever) and then when working
in the other applications, press a HOTKEY that I can assign (maybe something
like ctrl-Fx) and then paste the desired bit of info into that application.
The other apps are NOT EXCEL based.

I realize I may need to go outside of Excel to do all of this but if
somebody could point me in the right direction. Is there a clipboard add-on
that I can stuff from excel? That would be the easiest way for me!

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Mctabish,

The methods of transferring data between the applications and Excel can
be quite complex. It would help to know which applications you are
using. There will probably be more than one macro to accomplish this as
the same solution may not work will all the applications.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=75

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

They are several industy specific (cable ISP), custom programs and Remedy.
I was thinking about possibly using something like Multi Clipboard and
writing the info I need to work with to its clip file,then closing and
reopening the app, but I know there has to be a better way as we are talking
about program load/unload times etc.. Multiclip board loads the clipboad by
hotkey, so it works fairly well with programs.

Thanks

Mc

"Leith Ross" wrote in message

Hello Mctabish,

The methods of transferring data between the applications and Excel can
be quite complex. It would help to know which applications you are
using. There will probably be more than one macro to accomplish this as
the same solution may not work will all the applications.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=75
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=44642

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Mctabish,

The MultiClipboard program will store the text information so you can
paste it into other programs. The downside is you have to do it all
manually. The other potential problem that may arise is whether the
other programs support cut and paste operations. Not all programs do.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross