Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to refresh pivot chart - URGENT PLEASE !!!! T_T

Hi all

In sheet2, I have several pivot charts pulling its data from a
seperate hidden worksheet - lets call it Sheet3 (I hid it because it
is very sensitive data and I can't let users changing the structure of
format of the file). All I want them to do is just to pick from the
report filter dropdown box for the months and types. Because I
protected the worksheet and just enabled them to use the pivot report,
they can do those however locking this way wouldn't allow the users to
actually refresh the data from the pivot chart.

I know how to create macro buttons, What macro will actually allow the
users to refresh the data for the pivot table? I really can't afford
users to move the charts around or changing any part of the report. I
just want them to be able to refresh the data. that's all

Please help

thank you for your help in advance

regards,

James
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could create a macro to unprotect the sheet, refresh the pivot
table, then protect the sheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try recording what you want to do and come back and post it if you need more
help.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

If this post was helpful to you, please click YES below.